Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Mission Systems - Senior Project Engineer (665746) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Mission Systems - Senior Project Engineer
This leadership position is for a highly-experienced engineer or manager who can assist the Mission Systems Engineering team by managing the cost, schedule, and risk for a mission which includes the Space Vehicle(s) and Ground Station(s).
What You’ll Do:
- System Engineering cost account manager - This position is 70% management and 30% technical.
- Provide team leadership, communication, and coordination.
- Work with Mission Systems Engineering Team to identify and manage risk.
- Provide coordination with partners and customers.
- Manage the Change Control Process.
- Manage Mission Systems Engineering Team deliverable items to the customer.
- Lead and set expectations to prepare the team for major program reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, PSR).
- Technical writing (proposal development, contractual elements).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 16 or more years related experience in either payload systems, spacecraft systems, management or test.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required.
- Previous earned value management experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation.
- An understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, risk management, and team leadership.
- A good technical foundation for Space-based Missions – satellites and ground systems
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effective in small team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Customer Relationships: Extensive knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Superb presentation skills with experience presenting to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Mission Systems - Senior Project Engineer (665746) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665746
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time