Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Microelectronics Packaging Engineer II (664693) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Microelectronics Packaging Engineer II
This is an exciting engineering career opportunity in Detector Engineering. You will be part of a team of engineers and scientists responsible for micro-electronics packaging design and manufacture of focal plane arrays.
What you’ll do:
- Responsibilities include the design and process development for the manufacture of packaging for focal plane array.
- Manufacture focal planes in a Class 100 cleanroom.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge of microelectronic packaging of focal plane arrays or related products, including 2 or more years’ experience.
- Knowledge of die attach, wirebonding; adhesive technology; interconnect technologies including soldering; cleaning techniques such as vacuum bake, plasma etch, and liquid chemical processes; precision alignment; thin film deposition; thermal control and structural designs.
- Knowledge of assembly protocols in Class 100 cleanroom and contamination mitigation.
- Experience with optical bonding, optical coatings, and use of optical lenses and filters.
- Hands-on laboratory experience.
- Experience with vacuum and cryo-thermal systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience managing schedules, budgets, and milestones.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Microelectronics Packaging Engineer II (664693)
Job ID: 664693
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time