Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Planner Senior (665150) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Manufacturing Planner Senior
What You’ll Do:
- Perform planning and production tasks, anticipate program needs, and expedite material and tool requirements for production, manufacturing or assembly operations.
- Review engineering drawings for identification of parts, materials and tooling needs.
- Assist in identifying assembly and fabrication tooling needs.
- Plan sequential manufacturing and assembly operations; may estimate and generate production schedules to accommodate the program master schedule.
- Provide continued information to update project schedules.
- Write and maintain manufacturing routers, configuration requirements, and material tractability documentation.
- Create and utilize purchase requisitions through approval.
- Anticipate material/ part shortages or delays and expedite as required to eliminate project schedule impacts.
- Plan and coordinate tool requirements and cost estimates for production manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- Provide material and manufacturing status reports.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 6 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Associate's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Manufacturing, materials or operations experience in a business environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Manufacturing Planner Senior (665150)
Job ID: 665150
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time