Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ground Systems Engineer II (665790) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ground Systems Engineer II
*What You’ll Do: *
- Support requirements, design, analysis, test and operation of space vehicles and ground systems for commercial, DoD and NASA customers.
- Engineering responsibilities include:
- Mission design of ground system
- Establishing customer needs and developing them into Business/Technical Requirements, establishing scope budget and schedule parameters to execute projects
- Manage ground system development and subcontracts for software and hardware integration
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups
- Work collaboratively with a team comprised of systems engineers, I&T; and Transition team members, as appropriate
- Prepare and maintain CDRLs and tracking Action Items
- Support operational validation of releases, database maintenance, user administration, investigation of system anomalies and the raising, tracking and regression testing of Anomaly Reports
- Provide training to Spacecraft Engineers and Online Operations Engineers
- Coordinate specific project or pursuit engineering activities across all technical disciplines, including C&DH;, Propulsion, Thermal, Structures and Mechanisms, Communications, AD&C;, Flight Software, and AI&T;
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You’ll Need: *
- BS or higher in Engineering or related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Active TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft operations.
- Strong System engineering / SEIT skills.
- Demonstrated successful system engineering of ground systems development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Support Resource and Cost management: reporting of IPT resources and costs.
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage development activity, including EVMS and IMS.
- Experience in Schedule and Risk management.
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software Standards.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or verification and validation.
- Experience in mission management, flight dynamics, or command & control domains
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering, hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing specifications, design and analysis, documentation and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Experience with DOORS.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Ground Systems Engineer II (665790)
Job ID: 665790
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time