Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ground Systems Development Lead - Staff Consultant (665515) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
*Ground Systems Development Lead *
This position reports to the Director of Mission Control and Operations
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and manage ground systems development efforts and teams.
- Set the strategy for program optimal organization for the ground systems development.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with Engineering peers, internal stakeholders, and external customers.
- Provide management of principal staff on Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Ground System Engineer (GSE) Leads.
- Recommend integrated ground system architecture solutions for satellite command and control, data transportation, and mission data processing.
- Develop concept of operations and deployment schemes for long term operations and maintenance of aerospace systems.
- Support proposal development for remote sensing end to end solutions.
- Track program performance.
- Establish customer needs and develop them into Business/Technical Requirements, establishing scope budget and schedule parameters to execute projects.
- Manage ground system development and subcontracts for software and hardware integration.
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups.
- Develop contracts and support plans for Spacecraft Engineers and Online Operations Engineers
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, and Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field, plus 16 or more years of related experience in technology management and systems development.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Active TS/SCI security clearance required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft operations.
- Demonstrated subcontract management of large, complex aerospace systems to include cost-plus type contractual vehicles.
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience on full Earned Value Management (EVMS) compliant contracts.
- Strong System engineering /SEIT skills.
- Demonstrated successful system engineering of ground systems development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Proven track record in management of design & development tasks as an integrated product team lead or Chief Engineer leading cross functional teams.
- Resource and Cost management: Management of IPT resources and costs, and subsequent performance reporting of each area.
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage development activity, including EVMS and IMS.
- Experience in Schedule and Risk management.
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software Standards.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or verification and validation.
- Experience in mission management, flight dynamics, or command & control domains.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering, hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing specifications, design and analysis, documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Ground Systems Development Lead - Staff Consultant (665515) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665515
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time