Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Systems Test (665224) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineer II - System Test
What You'll Do:
- Work in a fast-paced team environment assisting test engineers to integrate and test spacecraft and instrument hardware.
- Write, review, update, and implement test procedures as required.
- Use test and measurement equipment to test and troubleshoot spaceflight hardware.
- Maintain required test engineering logs, records and provide input to test summary reports.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge and test experience using test automation applications and tools such as LabVIEW is desirable.
- Experience in the testing of space-flight instruments and/or spacecraft or related electronic and electro-mechanical components and systems is desirable.
- Candidate should have good interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
- Candidate should be proficient in MS Office tools.
- Applicants selected may be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Space or military experience highly desired, but not required.
- Current security clearance preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Engineer II-Systems Test (665224)
Job ID: 665224
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time