Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II - Space Systems (665786) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform Systems Engineering tasks throughout the lifecycle of programs or R&D; projects.
- Support the development, test and evaluation of hardware, software, support equipment and systems.
- Generate engineering documents including specifications, interface control documents, and test plans.
- Update and manage requirements with the DOORS or designated software system.
- Develop system concepts and interface definitions.
- Analyze system configurations and error budgets.
- Understand and support system architecture trades.
- Support risk assessment and analysis.
- Additional opportunities may include:
- Support the development and conduct of mission operations for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers.
- Conduct spacecraft or instrument performance modeling and simulation using existing models and help create new models for Vis, IR, UV, microwave and other wavelength sensors, both imaging and non-imaging.
- Work on spacecraft subsystems such as power, propulsion, command and data handling (C&DH;), or attitude determination and control system (ADCS).
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams across multiple organizations in detailed design, analysis, and optimization of the candidate systems and subsystem performance and operation.
- Participate in writing proposals and creating and delivering presentations.
- Experience with systems engineering tools and processes are beneficial.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Advanced computer application skills, such as Matlab, C, C++, IDL, STK, DOORS, and other analytical tools is a strong plus.
- Experience in space hardware and software engineering is desired, including, but not limited to: Systems architectures, including both space and ground segments; flight systems design, systems engineering, as well as integration & test.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and provide clear communication of proposed solutions.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II - Space Systems (665786)
Job ID: 665786
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time