Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer I-Mechanical (664853) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Engineer I – Mechanical *
What You’ll Do:
- Mechanical engineering design of spacecraft and/or precision aerospace electro-mechanical, and/or opto-mechanical flight hardware systems, antenna communication systems, tactical video systems, components and/or ground support equipment, from concept through detail design.
- Effort includes CAD modeling, design analysis, drafting, and occasional integration and test support.
- Work is accomplished in a team environment created by interaction with other engineers, designers, and drafters and people from other disciplines.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly applicable experience in spacecraft, aerospace instrument, structure, mechanism, sensor, and/or rotating machinery design, analysis, and/or development using CAD solid modeling software.
- Demonstrated creativity in mechanical engineering design and design analysis capability.
- Effective written and oral communication of technical information required.
- Knowledge of Product Data Management System (for example: AGILE)
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer I-Mechanical (664853)
Job ID: 664853
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time