Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer Associate - Mission Assurance (666305) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineer Associate – Mission Assurance
What you’ll do:
- Conceive and develop solutions to engineering assurance requirements through the application of professionally and industry-wide accepted engineering techniques, practices and procedures. Ensure that products, proposals, and programs conform to assurance standards and meets or exceeds all contract requirements.
- Ensure the producibility and reliability of designs and products. Compile and evaluate design and data to determine adequacy and completeness of the product and ensure effectiveness of the results compared to requirements and specifications.
- Design, develop and modify applications, and or software systems, components, processes, and devices according to assurance requirements and specifications.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend innovative solutions/applications and/or software design approaches required for meeting contract assurance requirements for new or modified products and systems.
- Compile and prepare necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings and end-item product delivery.
- May review drawings, procedures and engineering orders for completeness, compatibility, producibility, and correctness.
- May organize, analyze, write and present technical marketing and proposal information for program managers and customers.
- Should be able to work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Engineer Associate - Mission Assurance (666305)
Job ID: 666305
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time