Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer Associate, Configuration and Data Management (663434) in Boulder, Colorado
What you’ll do:
- Provide configuration and data management (C&DM;) support for multiple programs.
- Develop plans to implement C&DM; requirements on programs.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings.
- Arrange configuration control board meetings, assist in preparation for customer meetings, accomplish and tract all contract data items submittals.
- Establish and maintain required configuration records.
- Coordinate engineering drawing review and sign-off.
- Utilize basic engineering procedures and know configuration control board procedures.
- Operate and input configuration and documentation status using electronic systems.
- Understand and maintain engineering drawing status using electronic systems and software.
- Prepare and ship data in accordance with contract requirements. Prepare letters of transmittal.
- Perform electronic data transmittal.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Effective communication and team skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to review and assess data integrity against standards.
- Experience utilizing Product Data Management databases such as Agile.
- Basic Configuration and Data management experience in an aerospace environment, performing the C&DM; function and utilizing tools.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer Associate, Configuration and Data Management (663434)
Job ID: 663434
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time