Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Embedded Software Engineer II (665152) - Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Embedded Software Engineer II
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop and implement software on a broad range of projects in a collaborative environment.
- Support all types of software development, including embedded software, application level tool development, and test script generation for secure aerospace, avionics and related tactical systems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration, documentation, and support.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree and/or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active Top Secret clearance required.
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for operational systems using programming languages such as C, C++, Ada, Ruby/Python and other languages/applications.
- Understanding of and experience with real-time operating systems including Linux or VxWorks.
- Experience with embedded software development, including real-time embedded software.
- A working knowledge of waterfall and/or Agile lifecycles and activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software configuration management, coding standards, and style guides.
- Experience with security analysis, exploit discovery/mitigation, forensics, and vulnerability testing in embedded systems is desirable.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer II (665152) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 665152
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time