Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineer I - Focal Plane Electronics (665758) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
*Electrical Engineer I – Focal Plane Electronics *
Work in a multidisciplinary team with Electronics and Image Sensors as part of a team of engineers and scientists responsible for developing Electrical Systems with state of the art CCD and CMOS Detectors and Focal Planes.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build-up, operation, and certification of electronic-based test systems used to characterize the electro-optical performance of CCD’s and CMOS devices for use in tactical and space-based applications.
- Develop electronic systems to enable precise operation of detectors in airborne and space flight.
- Write and implement firmware / software to optimize the performance of the detector in cameras and focal plane systems.
- Debug software, firmware, and hardware electronic-related problems in established detector test systems and detector-based flight instruments.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Digital design experience targeting programmable logic (VHDL or Verilog)
- Experience with design and debugging electronic test systems including analog and mixed signal circuits
- Competence with electronic CAD tools (Mentor Graphics or OrCAD or Altium)
- Basic competence with electronics test equipment including o’scopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experience with development on SoC based systems is desired
- Knowledge of C/C++, MATLAB, RUBY, and LabVIEW desired
- Hands-on laboratory experience with detectors or cameras is desired
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer I - Focal Plane Electronics (665758)
Job ID: 665758
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time