Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Concept of Operations - Senior Engineer (665747) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
*Senior Engineer – Mission CONOPS *
This position is for an experienced system engineer who can work within a team environment to establish the CONOPS for missions. Responsible for detailing the purpose and characteristics of the system from an operational viewpoint and provide insight on the ultimate functionality of the capability. Takes ownership of the TCPED (Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination) by coordinating each step in the process to ensure users receive data that was intended to be collected.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop Space System Mission CONOPS
- Generate use cases - understand the end users’ needs; Support generation of operation analysis models to test interfaces
- Develops Day in The Life (DITL) scenarios and Design Reference Missions (DRMs) to support tasking and planning models and capability assessments.
- Develops and implements a lifecycle management plan
- Define program integration into multi-customer enterprise architecture
- Conduct mission analysis and assessments
- Create mission configurations and establish an end-to-end communications strategy
- Creates decision trees to establish operational courses of action (COAs)
- Conduct trade studies, functional flow analysis, and timeline analysis
- Define the system capacity
- Coordinates design functionality with user products
- Integrates secondary payloads into the mainline mission TCPED
- Participate in requirement flow down to ensure the design will support end-use intentions. Validate and discover implicit requirements through operational analysis.
- Develop Verification and Validation plans for operational requirement sets
- Develop Mission Concept Baseline
- Use Model Based System Engineering tools, disciplines and approaches.
- Interface with and support the program’s chief system engineer.
- Own the effort and requirement set from program onset to delivery.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years related experience in either payload systems, spacecraft systems, or mission operations.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret clearance required.
- Ability to work across multiple integrated product teams, coordinating design efforts, identifying operational design gaps, and develop cross-cutting solutions
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and verifiable requirements – detailed oriented.
- A strong technical foundation in satellite systems or ground systems.
- Effective in small team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- A desire to learn – our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Strong presentation skills with experience presenting to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Concept of Operations - Senior Engineer (665747) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665747
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time