Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Algorithm & Analysis Software Engineer II (665013) - Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Algorithm and Analysis Software Engineer II
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement original algorithms across a variety of technical areas. Algorithms will be implemented in a variety of computer languages on diverse systems.
- Expertise in at least some of the following areas:
- Develop end-to-end simulations for modeling systems for a variety of applications such as data processing systems supporting Space Situational Awareness (SSA) including Initial Orbit Determination (IOD) and Orbit Determination (OD).
- Develop and test Artificial intelligence, deep learning, and machine learning algorithms. Candidate should have proven experience, including strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinning behind these algorithms.
- Develop embedded, real-time image processing algorithms using temporal, spatial, and/or spectral processing of EO/IR data
- General data analysis and satellite mission data processing
- Develop, debug and test software in a variety of languages, e.g. Python, C/C++, SQL, etc. to support modeling, analysis and characterization
- Support migrating existing algorithm libraries from one platform/language to another in order to leverage GPUs and/or deep learning techniques
- Perform mission and system analyses for performance, timing, etc.
- Mentor junior engineers in development of modeling & simulation tools and mission level analyses.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active Top Secret clearance required.
- Strong expertise in Modeling & Simulation of image/signal processing algorithms and missions.
- Experience with GPU, FPGA, and/or cluster (HPC) processing implementations desired.
- Experience with databases, SQL desired.
- Understanding and/or experience with embedded systems is desired.
- Significant experience with Matlab required.
- Python experience desired.
- Ability to operate at the system level and interface to all engineering disciplines.
- Self-starter, good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Prior experience working in and with controlled, classified security environments is highly desirable.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Algorithm & Analysis Software Engineer II (665013) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 665013
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time