Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Advanced Systems Manager II (666028) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Advanced Systems Manager II – Planetary Science
What You'll Do:
- Support Civil Space business unit as advanced systems lead for Planetary Science opportunities. This includes creating, finding, pursuing, developing, and winning business with governmental and non-governmental organizations in the areas of Planetary Science missions, operational planetary missions, technology development programs and other space-related work in the civil arena.
- Develop and execute a broad strategy to grow Ball’s Planetary Science business and market share. Successfully collaborate with Ball’s Washington, DC, office, Communications, and other business units at Ball Aerospace.
- Engage principal investigators to develop highly competitive teams for science missions and technology development opportunities.
- Develop and communicate messages, marketing, competition assessments, and customer insights.
- Lead business development, capture, and proposal teams.
- Prepare and submit proposals, ROMS, RFI/RFQ responses, and white papers.
- Manage new business indirect budget projects for assigned area.
- Oversee study efforts having the potential to evolve into new business capture opportunities.
- Maintain high-value contact with Planetary Science stakeholders and user communities through leadership and participation on committees, advisory boards, workshops, and conferences.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You'll Need: *
- BS in a science or technical field plus ten (10) or more years related experience. PhD preferred (e.g. Planetary Science science).
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong strategy development and proposal skills and demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities in the areas of NASA Planetary Science AOs and government operational programs.
- Ability to translate science/end user requirements into engineering requirements and to weigh relevant scientific and technical trades.
- Superb communication skills with documented presentation experience to senior decision-making and technical audiences.
- Demonstrable profile in and relationships across Planetary Science and operational customer communities.
- Collaborative and inclusive style and ability to work with diverse colleagues and customers.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Advanced Systems Manager II (666028)
Job ID: 666028
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time