Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Executive Assistant (665003) in Arlington, Virginia
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Executive Assistant
This position provides the primary administrative support to Ball Aerospace’s Vice President and General Manager of Strategic Operations, based in the company’s Washington offices in Arlington, VA. This individual will also provide support to other executive and professional personnel and partner closely with a team of administrative support in Virginia and Colorado, serve as a member of the company’s executive support team, and serve as the administrative interface with a myriad of external stakeholders. This position is in the Strategic Operations organization, which consists of Washington Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. StratOps works collaboratively across Ball Aerospace and the stakeholder community to increase the company’s profile in the market and influence and drive growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide senior-level executive administrative support to the Vice President and General Manager, Strategic Operations.
- Complete a wide variety of administrative actions such as managing complex calendar coordination and meeting logistics, written document drafting, extensive travel arranging, accounting reconciliation/expense reporting and event planning.
- Professional interaction with senior level internal and external stakeholders in support of the Executive’s and the organization’s objectives.
- Maintain complete confidentiality and be aware of topics/projects which are sensitive or proprietary information.
- Communicate and interpret the Executive’s decisions and views, while maintaining strong internal relationships with other administrative staff and direct reports.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to time and resource constraints of all leaders and their administrative teams. Partner closely with the other members of the Executive Assistant team from different time zones.
- Demonstrate competency in the following areas: informing, problem solving, priority setting, organizational agility, written communications, approachability, professionalism and customer service.
- Understand need to align resources with priorities, while seeking affordable solutions for the company and behaving like a company owner. Balance costs and benefits of actions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Work closely with the Office Manager and other local support staff to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the office.
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships within the office, across the Executive’s areas of responsibility and throughout the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 or more years of related experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred. 10+ years of experience as an EA supporting executive-level management in industry.
- Each higher level related degree, i.e., Associate’s, may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must have strong administrative skills.
- Heavy calendar management skills and meeting logistics, combined with the ability to sort the urgent from the non-urgent, to anticipate changes, and to respond in a dynamic environment is required.
- Complete complex travel and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Develop creative solutions to tough problems.
- Demonstrate highest integrity, humility, and transparency.
- Act with urgency, and demonstrate an openness to new ideas and be comfortable with a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be a team player in small, close-knit office environment, supporting geographically distributed direct reports, Executive Team and Exec Team EA’s.
- Must be energetic, personable and compassionate.
- Demonstrates strong social and conceptual skills with an empathic ability to see and share the pulse of the office.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Skilled in delivering feedback and keeping confidences, and the maturity to know when to employ either.
- Knowledge of Washington DC stakeholder environment, including Executive Branch, Hill, Industry and Associations preferred.
- Demonstrated project and event planning experience, achieving the vision of the event within cost and schedule.
- Must have the ability to work with considerable independence and as part of the team.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple assignments concurrently while maintaining strong ethics, values, integrity and trust.
- TS/SCI clearance or ability to be cleared preferred.
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Executive Assistant (665003)
Job ID: 665003
Location: VA - Arlington
Full/Part Time: Full-Time