Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Intelligence Analyst III (661278) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Wavefront delivers secure, technical solutions to protect critical, sensitive and proprietary data for the private and public sectors. Our expertise in the latest tools and techniques for Advanced Analytics, Data Science, Network Exploitation and Security Solutions enable us to support our customer’s mission in the Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, Federal Government and Commercial spaces.
Intelligence Analyst III
Intelligence analyst positions can consist of many different types of work roles based on applicant’s experience, but will fall under one of the following areas:
- Perform research, analysis, and reporting on computer network probes/attacks, trends, and hacker tools and techniques to produce indications and warning reports on impending network attacks. Analyze network nodes (people/groups) and depict relationships between various entities within that network.
- Perform analysis, mapping, and detection of vulnerabilities, intrusions, and threats in computer network systems. Applicants may be required to have experience with one or more of the following: forensic media analysis, in-depth diagnostic analysis, identification of network tampering/modification, network traffic analysis for malicious activity, malware analysis.
- Perform DNI/DNR and/or geospatial analysis for specified target sets and format the information for dissemination through serialized reporting. Must be able to perform technical metadata and content analysis of threat adversary automated information systems. Must be capable of leveraging all facets of analysis to characterize, analyze, and reconstruct threat digital networks. Requires traditional traffic analysis skills and use of corporate databases.
- Perform evaluation and analysis of complex data and telecommunications networks, which could include development of new or existing infrastructure. Will provide visual products as well as serialized reporting for dissemination.
- Perform overall analysis of electronic and communication components, which will require applicant to be skilled in Internet protocols, router configurations, protocol research, end-point and network mapping for network and system enumeration.
- Perform computer network operations with experience in at least one of the following disciplines: reverse engineering, penetration testing, vulnerability analysis, intrusion detection, and/or malicious code analysis.
- Perform writing advanced analytics on big data ingest associated with cloud based networks. Must be able to use scripting and automation skills to successfully parse, format, and visualize complex datasets.
- Perform parsing and formatting of large data sets through scripting and automation. Applicant should have expertise with at least one of the following languages: C#, C++, Objective C, Java, Java Script, Pearl, Python, Ruby, Regex and/or SQL, PIG.
- Perform data flow and collection management of a wide variety of data processing issues and optimizations critical to discovery efforts. Provide the development of communications flows, ingest, and presentation.
- Experience with at least one of the following technical areas:
- Cyber Analysis Support
- Network and Threat Support
- Network Analysis
- Digital Network Intelligence Analysis
- SIGINT Research and Target Development
- Personal Analysis
- Network and Systems Analysis
- Computer Network Operations
- Big Data Analysis
- Scripting and Proof-of-Concept Analysis
- Dataflow and Discovery Analysis
- If applying to one of the Intelligence Analyst positions, experience with both legacy and analytic modernization (AMOD) corporate databases.
- Serialized reporting experience is not mandatory, but a plus if you have current experience with Grapevine (legacy reporting tools may be acceptable depending on position).
- Training or strong background in any of the following areas a plus: FISINT, IMINT, COMINT, MASINT, or HUMINT).
- A TS/SCI government security clearance with an active polygraph required and ability to obtain a Full Scope polygraph.
- High School diploma and a minimum of eight (8) years of SIGINT intelligence analysis experience.
- Work is performed in-plant or at the customer site.
- Travel may be required, including foreign travel.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Intelligence Analyst III (661278)
Job ID: 661278
Location: MD - Annapolis Junction
Full/Part Time: Full-Time