Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Computer Scientist II (661267) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Who We Are:
Ball Wavefront delivers secure, technical solutions to protect critical, sensitive and proprietary data for the private and public sectors. Our expertise in the latest tools and techniques for Advanced Analytics, Data Science, Network Exploitation and Security Solutions enable us to support our customer’s mission in the Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, Federal Government and Commercial spaces.
Computer Scientist II
We are currently seeking a Computer Scientist to analyze, map, protect or discover vulnerabilities, intrusions in computer network systems and/or develop software to provide strategies to better detect and defend against future attacks.
What You’ll Do:
- Use the following disciplines:
- Machine Learning
- Program Tools
- Advanced Computing
- Quantum Information Science
- Web Technology
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Systems, plus a High School diploma.
- An Advanced Technical Intelligence Certificate (ATIC) can be substituted for one year of experience.
- Experience within one of the following areas:
- Protocol analysis
- Computer Network Operations
- Windows API and OS internals
- Malicious software analysis and mitigation
- Reverse engineering
- Network enumeration
- Scripting (Python, C++, Perl, etc.)
- Intrustion detection analysis
- Adversarial hacking methods and capabilities
- Desired certification include:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Penetration Tester (CPT)
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in-plant or at the customer site.
- Travel may be required, including foreign travel.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Computer Scientist II (661267)
Job ID: 661267
Location: MD - Annapolis Junction
Full/Part Time: Full-Time