Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician II – Electrical (663818) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of quick response technology assessments to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, US Air Force, and the Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles directorate. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of engineering and technical services, including technology demonstrations and assessments, laboratory and field experiments, and integrated research and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified engineers and analysts to join our technology assessment oriented organization.
Technician II – Electrical
What You'll Do:
Perform a variety of technical assignments requiring knowledge of engineering, science, or other technical applications. Duties are typically more task oriented (versus responsibility oriented), performed with oversight and prioritization by an engineer, supervisor, or lead, and tend to be consistent in content during day-to-day operations. Daily job duties can include the following:
- Fabricate electronic hardware of a developmental, prototype, or critical nature.
- Assemble and test printed circuit boards and hardware assemblies in accordance with technical drawings.
- Troubleshoot hardware or assemblies; check and modify chambers or fixtures.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data. Perform mathematical calculations.
- Read, comprehend, and execute technical process specifications, procedures, and standards.
- Maintain required electronic build records and process logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- May make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to improve productivity and process efficiency.
- May provide detailed written input for design reviews, proposals, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance is required, but an active Top Secret clearance is preferred.
- Must have knowledge and experience with electronic assembly industry standards, including ESD practices and procedures. IPC J-STD-001 soldering certification is highly desired. IPC-A-610 electronic assembly acceptability is a plus.
- Strong experience in assembly and repair of electronic circuit boards with SMT components is highly desired, including strong hand-soldering skills.
- Ability to learn complex electronic SMT assembly equipment is highly desired, experience operating pick and place, stenciling, reflow, and conformal coat equipment is a plus.
- Ability to read and follow complex schematics, assembly drawings, and execute detailed test procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to technical detail is required.
- Strong knowledge of digital, analog, power, RF, and FPGA electronics desired, basic understanding required.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot down to the component level is required.
- Competent at operating DMM’s, digital oscilloscopes, signal generators and analyzers, programmable power supplies, etc.
- Ability to pass and maintain in house certifications, and J-STD workmanship standards. Complete significant test certification tasks and testing with little supervision.
- Demonstrate a good working relationship with other disciplines. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management is required.
- college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician II – Electrical (663818)
Job ID: 663818
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time