Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Research and Development Analyst (664298) - Security clearance required in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
Senior Research and Development Analyst
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is currently recruiting for an established professional to contribute to our growing science and technology, research-focused organization in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our scientists and engineers have been conducting analytical and experimental research services for over twenty-five years. We are currently seeking an experienced analyst with broad analytical skills associated with technology research to evaluate applications and formulate decisional information.
What You'll Do
- Research, gather, organize and document information necessary to support and conduct analyses or modeling and simulation (M&S;) studies.
- Able to quickly learn new technology and associated physics to formulate cause-effect relationships that led to decisional metrics.
- Set up and operate analysis or M&S; tools in an efficient manner to support studies.
- Provide data-analysis and analytical solutions to problems ranging from routine to complex in scope. Analyses include probabilistic/statistical, parametric trades, or other relevant techniques to address the scope of the study under investigation.
- Conduct detailed scientific literature searches to identify relevant information pertaining to topic under study.
- Research operational performance and characteristics of systems under study in order to define model inputs or develop mathematical models to represent the scenario under study.
- Develop software tools using standard programming languages (e.g., MatLab, C++) to support analysis or analyze data.
- Collaborate with experimentalists, computational scientists or other project personnel to formulate experimental requirements.
- Collaborate with laboratory activities to develop experiments and gather data. Conduct data reduction and analysis.
- Lead more junior analysts in defining their work assignments, checking their work for accuracy, and providing guidance and feedback.
- Participate in business development activities as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, contributes to presentation of research findings, able to actively lead group discussions.
- Follow Department of Defense procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- MS or PhD preferred.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Demonstrated experience with standard programming languages (MatLab highly desired, C++ desired) and analysis software tools
- Experience working in a research environment.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Research and Development Analyst (664298) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 664298
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time