Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Contracts Administrator (665248) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Sr Contracts Administrator
As a Sr. Contracts Administrator in the Systems Engineering Solutions (SES) contracts department, reporting to the Contracts Business Unit Manager, you will assume a hands-on role as an individual contributor providing contract administration functions in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
What You Will Do
- Support the Ball SES Albuquerque, New Mexico Office Director and assigned program teams.
- Administer contracts on a variety of programs, encompassing all phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal through contract close out).
- Prepare, recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques.
- Participate in or lead the contract-negotiating team.
- Prepare and submit compliant proposals in response to Customer RFP’s and Change Requests by working with technical, pricing and management staff
- Prepare presentations for program and customer management review.
- Collaborate with other employees in the department, cross-functionally and with program personnel, and key customers.
- Review and interpret contracts, modifications and change orders; prepare contract review records and obtain necessary management approvals for definitization.
- Review Customer RFP’s, contracts and related documents to assess risk to the company and recommend mitigation approaches that ensure compliance with various Federal Regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Work with program and customer management to determine and meet program requirements.
- Develop professional relationships with program and customer personnel for the advancement of long-term business opportunities.
- Propose and negotiate terms and conditions that mitigate business risks, ensuring company empowered official is aware of any Domestic Export (ITAR and EAR) issues.
- Negotiate favorable payment terms to positively affect shareholder value.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- CPCM certification desirable.
- Experienced with Time and Materials, Cost Reimbursable, and Firm Fixed Price contracts.
- Experience with DOD and major Aerospace primes preferred.
- Strong oral, presentation and written communications skills.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations.
- Ability to work a variety of complex issues at one time.
- Strong conflict resolution skills in a changing environment.
- Security Clearance is desirable.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Contracts Administrator (665248)
Job ID: 665248
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time