Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Research & Development Project Manager (664637) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
Research & Development Project Manager
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is currently recruiting for a technical oriented Project Manager to oversee and coordinate operational aspects of assigned research and development projects within the Albuquerque, NM office location. For over twenty-five years Ball Aerospace has been a leading provider of advanced research and technology services in the Albuquerque area and seeks an established professional to join our growing team of scientists and engineers contributing to the development of advanced laser technology.
What You'll Do
- In coordination with the program and project technical leadership, plan, execute, monitor, control, document, and communicate all aspects of assigned projects, to include cost, schedule, scope, technical performance, and resource use.
- Act as a liaison between program management, project team, infrastructure support, and customer.
- Prepare and maintain project execution documentation to include schedules, status reports, risk-reduction status, operating procedures, and other key documents.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to improve project execution.
- Meet with internal and external customers and project collaborators to obtain feedback, goals, schedules, budgets and other critical information to produce desired project results within resource constraints.
- Track project technical performance against cost and schedule and make adjustments necessary to successful complete project goals.
- Conduct formal and informal performance reviews to direct reports to promote professional development.
- Generate cost estimates for proposed study and analysis efforts. Provide advocacy for funding studies as necessary.
- Support other business development opportunities as needed.
- Develop new capabilities that enhance department offerings to current and potential customers.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, written communication, oral presentation skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work with classified information, which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Research & Development Project Manager (664637)
Job ID: 664637
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time