Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Research & Development Analyst Senior (665809) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
*Senior Research and Development Analyst*
Ball Aerospace is currently recruiting for an established professional to contribute to our growing science and technology, research-focused organization in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The successful candidate will work in a team environment with other researchers to develop new laser technologies and understand their potential. Likely activities will include collection, organization and analysis of data, develop and implement software scripts to process data, develop and operate modeling and simulation tools, coordinate with experiment and high-fidelity modeling teams, and document/prepare analysis or assessment results.
What You'll Do
- Research, gather, organize and document information necessary to support and conduct analyses or modeling and simulation (M&S;) studies.
- Develop analytical models of physical processes for incorporation in modeling and simulation activities.
- Able to quickly learn new technology and associated physics to formulate cause-effect relationships that led to decisional metrics.
- Set up and operate analysis or M&S; tools in an efficient manner to support studies.
- Provide data-analysis and analytical solutions to problems ranging from routine to complex in scope. Analyses include probabilistic/statistical, parametric trades, or other relevant techniques to address the scope of the study under investigation.
- Conduct detailed scientific literature searches to identify relevant information pertaining to topic under study.
- Research operational performance and characteristics of systems under study in order to define model inputs or develop mathematical models to represent the scenario under study.
- Develop software tools using standard programming languages (e.g., MatLab, C++) to support analysis or analyze data
- Collaborate with experimentalists, computational scientists or other project personnel to formulate experimental requirements.
- Collaborate with laboratory activities to develop experiments and gather data. Conduct data reduction and analysis.
- Lead more junior analysts in defining their work assignments, checking their work for accuracy, and providing guidance and feedback.
- Participate in business development activities as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, contributes to presentation of research findings, able to actively lead group discussions.
- Follow Department of Defense procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You'll Need*
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- MS or PhD preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with standard programming languages (MatLab highly desired, C++ desired) and analysis software tools.
- Experience working in a research environment associated with physical sciences.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Research & Development Analyst Senior (665809)
Job ID: 665809
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time