Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Research Analyst I (665079)-Security clearance required in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
Research Analyst I
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is currently recruiting for an emerging professional to contribute to our growing science and technology-based organization in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our scientists, engineers and analysts have been conducting analytical and experimental research services for over twenty-five years. We are currently seeking an entry-level analyst to contribute to our research investigations associated with high powered laser and related technology. Likely activities the successful candidate will perform include collection, organization and analysis of data; develop software or scripts to process data; perform modeling and simulation studies; coordinate with experimentalists and high-fidelity modelers; and document/prepare analysis or assessment results.
What You'll Do
- Provide data-analysis and analytical solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Analyses include statistical, probabilistic, parametric trades, or other relevant techniques to address the scope of the study under investigation.
- Conduct literature searches to identify relevant information pertaining to topic under study.
- Research operational performance and characteristics of aerospace or other systems in order to develop mathematical models to represent the scenario under study.
- Estimate values to fill data gaps using engineering judgment from self or subject matter experts when available.
- Develop software models using standard programming languages (e.g., C++) to support modeling and simulation (e.g., Simulink); or analysis scripts (e.g., MATLAB) to analyze and present data
- Collaborate with experimentalist or other project personnel to formulate experimental requirements.
- Participate in the development and operation of modeling & simulation tools to provide assessments of technology.
- Work under general supervision and contribute to project milestones.
- Relate well with other people, contributes to larger research teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, contributes to presentation of research finding, able to actively participate in group discussions.
- Follow Department of Defense procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required.
- Two years demonstrated experience conducting analysis associated with technology or physical sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with standard programming languages and analysis software tools.
- Familiar with aerospace systems preferred.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Research Analyst I (665079)-Security clearance required
Job ID: 665079
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time