Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Research Analyst Associate (665148) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
Research Analyst Associate
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is currently recruiting for an emerging professional to contribute to our growing science and technology-based organization in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our scientists, engineers and analysts have been conducting analytical and experimental research services for over twenty-five years. We are currently seeking an entry-level analyst to contribute to our research investigations associated with high powered laser and related technology. Likely activities the successful candidate will perform include collection, organization and analysis of data; develop software or scripts to process data; perform modeling and simulation studies; coordinate with experimentalists and high-fidelity modelers; and document/prepare analysis or assessment results.
What You'll Do
- Provide data-analysis and analytical solutions to a variety of routine technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Analyses include statistical, probabilistic, parametric trades, or other relevant techniques to address the scope of the study under investigation.
- Conduct literature searches to identify relevant information pertaining to topic under study.
- Research operational performance and characteristics of aerospace or other systems in order to develop representative mathematical models.
- Estimate values to fill data gaps using engineering judgment from self or subject matter experts when available.
- Develop software models using standard programming languages (e.g., C++) to support modeling and simulation (e.g., Simulink); or analysis scripts (e.g., MATLAB) to analyze and present data
- Collaborate with experimentalist or other project personnel to assist with data reduction.
- Participate in the development and operation of modeling & simulation tools to provide assessments of technology.
- Work under supervision from more senior project lead and contribute to project milestones.
- Relate well with other people, contributes to larger research teams.
- Contributes to presentation of research finding, able to actively participate in group discussions.
- Follow Department of Defense procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required. MS preferred.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be eligible for DoD Security clearance, prefer current DoD clearance.
- Familiarity with standard mathematical and probabilistic modeling tools.
- Familiarity with aerospace systems preferred.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, or outdoor research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball facilities and other non-Ball locations will be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Research Analyst Associate (665148)
Job ID: 665148
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time