Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Numerical Computation and Modeling Associate (662909) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
Numerical Computation and Modeling Associate
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is currently recruiting for an emerging professional to contribute to our growing science and technology-based organization in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our scientists, engineers and analysts have been conducting analytical and experimental research services for over twenty-five years. We are currently seeking an entry-level computational scientist to contribute to our research investigations associated with high-powered laser technology. Likely activities the successful candidate will perform include working with more senior computational scientists in the development and application of state-of-the-art multi-physics models; collection, organization and analysis of data; develop software or scripts to process data or conduct computational experiments; perform modeling and simulation studies; and contribute to the documentation results.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the development of multi-physics computational tools to support research associated with laser technology.
- Set-up, operate, and post-process simulation models for research studies.
- Conduct literature searches to identify relevant information pertaining to topic under study.
- Develop software models or analysis scripts using standard programming languages to support modeling and simulation, trade-studies or to analyze and present data.
- Collaborate with experimentalist or other project personnel to assist in the collection and post-processing of laboratory data for comparison with computational results.
- Works in collaboration with more senior personnel to develop approaches to meet project milestones.
- Relate well with other people, contributes to larger research teams.
- Good oral and written communication skills, contributes and may leads presentation of research findings.
- Follow Department of Defense procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Mathematics, Science, Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- MS preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance is preferred. Near-term eligibility is required.
- Numerical computation background in optics or structural/mechanical vibrations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with standard programming languages and analysis software tools
- Familiar with laboratory equipment preferred.
- Good organizational and coordination skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Desire to learn new and challenging topics
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Numerical Computation and Modeling Associate (662909)
Job ID: 662909
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time