Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Machinist II (664908)-Security clearance required in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of quick response technology assessments to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, US Air Force, and the Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles directorate. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of engineering and technical services, including technology demonstrations and assessments, laboratory and field experiments, and integrated research and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified engineers and analysts to join our technology assessment oriented organization.
What You’ll Do
- Setup and operate engine lathes for turning, facing, drilling, boring and thread cutting to precision (less than 0.001) tolerances
- Setup and operate vertical milling machines to mill, drill, bore, precision parts with basic setups to (less than 0.001) tolerances
- Capable of using programming software (Master CAM) to support the operation of CNC machines.
- Design and fabricate basic holding fixtures.
- Use basic inspection equipment to check parts per ANSI Y14.5.
- Review and interpret electronic build documents for machining requirements.
- Maintain required electronic build records and process logs, records and reports in accordance with BATC policies/procedures and government regulations.
- May make suggestions relating to the machining and fabrication of intricate complex hardware.
- May develop feed and speed information for new materials and new types of cutting tools.
- May assist leads and supervisors in manufacturing process planning.
- May train, mentor and coordinate the work of lower level machinists to assure task completion.
- May support producibility studies on new layouts and Engineering drawings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, and Ball Aerospace. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Ability to read and follow complex schematics, assembly or part drawings, and execute detailed machining procedures.
- Demonstrate a good working relationship with other disciplines. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management is required
- Demonstrate strong self-starting and self-driven work ethic in a highly dynamic environment. Ability to manage multiple tasks is required
- Work is performed in a machine shop.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Machinist II (664908)-Security clearance required
Job ID: 664908
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time