Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Laboratory Technician II - R&D Facilities Support (665743) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
Laboratory Technician II – R&D; Facilities Support
What You’ll Do
- The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of laboratory operations and maintenance (O&M;) type tasks including, but not limited to - daily cleaning, maintenance, and monitoring of cleanroom facilities, upkeep of laboratory facilities hardware and instrumentation, assist in the calibration of optical and electronic instrumentation, and property tracking/management. This position consists of duties that are both task and responsibility oriented; That is, both performed with a moderate amount of more senior level staff/engineer/scientist oversight and performed independently. Depending on aptitude, the successful candidate may also perform a variety of more technical assignments requiring basic knowledge of engineering, science, or other technical applications. Specific examples of activities you may perform include:
- Contribute to a team in the effort to maintain the laboratory facility to meet or exceed Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) and Ball Aerospace quality assurance (QA) requirements by maintaining cleanroom cleanliness, diagnostic equipment calibration and maintenance schedules, and positively tracking high value assets.
- Work with a team of technicians and/or outside contractors to upgrade/improve laboratory facilities.
- Review and accurately interpret and implement schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures as required.
- Follow EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Utilize laboratory experience including use of standard laboratory instrumentation such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, general optical bench equipment, and data-acquisition hardware/software to support experiments and collect data.
- Use basic knowledge of optics to participate in set-up, alignment, inspection, and maintenance of optical beam trains to support laser experiments.
- Conduct peer-reviewed cursory analyses of data using basic math skills.
- Contribute to written documentation as required by the specific task assigned to meet contractual obligations and supplement standard laboratory documentation.
- Effective communications and regular interaction with colleagues, management, and customers.
- Cross-train with other team members to cover other tasks/responsibilities throughout the organization.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience working in and maintaining cleanroom facilities and ESD sensitive device workstations is highly desirable.
- Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated history of following through.
- Strong communication skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician II - R&D; Facilities Support (665743)
Job ID: 665743
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time