Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Laboratory Facilities Specialist III (665578) - Security clearance required in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
Laboratory Facilities Specialist III
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is currently recruiting for a establish professional to contribute to our growing science and technology, research-focused organization in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our scientists, engineers and technicians have been conducting experimental research services for over twenty-five years. We are currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Facilities Specialist with broad skills associated with implementing and maintaining Air Force compliance requirements associated with laser laboratories on Kirtland AFB, NM. The successful candidate will manage facilities, ensure compliance requirements are being met, and participate a variety of test activities associated with on-going research.
What You'll Do
- Develop, modify, and maintain environmental, safety, quality assurance, property management, and other applicable compliance documentation required by Federal, Air Force, State and Local regulations associated with operating research laser laboratories on Kirtland AFB, NM.
- Perform inspections of assigned facilities and identify and document deficiencies and corrective actions.
- Prepare and manage test and safety plans in coordination with principal investigator or other test team members.
- Provide logistical support for test preparation and disposition.
- Support test activities as safety observer.
- Coordinate with other test range compliance offices to meeting their compliance requirements.
- Duties and tasks include nonstandard and moderately complex assignments.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives.
- Perform self-inspections of laboratories or coordinate/host external audits of laboratory facilities.
- Report to Ball management or appropriate Government client on compliance status and provide recommendations for corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide training to technicians and other approved personnel on compliance requirements and procedures to ensure organization is operating at a high level of competency.
- Perform laboratory activities as necessary to meet compliance requirements.
- Prepare training presentations or other material to support laboratory functions.
- Support security or OPSEC requirements as specified by security personnel.
- Work is reviewed by department manager or Government client to obtain guidance and feedback.
- Relate well with other people, contributes to larger research teams.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, able to actively participate in group discussions.
- Follow Department of Defense procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active Secret clearance required.
- Substantial level of competencies in one or more areas related to laboratory compliance management
- Experience working in an Air Force research or operational environment.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Work is performed in various buildings and locations depending on assignment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AERO: Most Wanted
Job Classified as Standard Plus - $2,000 Referral Fee
Job Title: Laboratory Facilities Specialist III (665578) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665578
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time